Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm Thinking of You, Leonardo - again, update


The large mezzotint.  It's almost finished.  It's a bit later that I expected, but I still want to lighten and smooth the notebook.  Everything else is just about where it should be.  It's very difficult to get a photo that looks like the image.  The slightest imbalance in the surrounding light distorts it.  The lighter greys are darker in this photo than in the actual print.  The mid greys are actually smoother than it looks in a photo, the darker areas are darker and edges and forms meld into each other more (when you expand it; this is darker over all).  But this gives an idea.  Surely I will be finished in a couple weeks.  At that point I will replace this and make sure the new one has the right range and balance of tones. I'm removing the much earlier and rougher image from the earlier post below but leaving the comments (June 22).

No comments:

Post a Comment